Sunday, May 1, 2016

This One's For The Girls

I first created this layout in late 2014 for the Black with Two challenge. I stopped midway because the layout looked so flat, with no dimensions and textures. In other words very, very unappealing.
This was the original layout.

I had the opportunity to view seriously-terhi-koskinen and learnt her textural techniques. I did not get close enough to hers because I am still a scrooge when it comes to using my supplies generously. Well, scrapbooking supplies in Malaysia is very expensive. I end-up using my left-overs from my stash hoping to add some dimensions. Still not good enough but will keep on trying.
I revisit my layout after staring at it for a little over  a year not knowing how to finish it. Using Terhi's techniques, I carefully trim out the photo from the page and cropped it tightly. I decided to go back to basic, ie CAS and give this layout the finishing touch. There is no paints being used here except a teeny bit of ink to ink the edges of the Title. I chose to handwrite my title for this layout which I am submitting to challenge-yourself  with the theme This One's for the Girls.



I chose the title of the song as the title for the layout and one of the line in the lyrics "Who love without holdin' back" to complement the page. This photo was taken in 2013 of my mum and myself.

Supplies: Bazzil Cardstock, Lace trim, Mix and match scraps pp from stash, Kaisercraft die-cut and tags, Lace flower, Micia Ink, Zigler pen, Handmade flower, Mulberry paper, Bling for flower center

Thank you for stopping by and giving your love. God Bless you.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Great updated layout with your creative touches. Love the layering and such a great photo of you and your mother. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lili, I love your new and improved layout! It is absolutely gorgeous! The photo of you with your mum is so beautiful and I love that you used the song in your title and journaling! Thank you very much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are so happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Great photo! Love the fancy trimming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely "new" layout! Nice details! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page! Thanks you playing with us at Challenge YOURself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...