Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Unique

I wanted to try my hand at mixed Media and Steampunk combined. Unfortunately,what I had in my head did not materialize to my satisfaction. Since this is my first attempt with Steampunk, I just have to make do with the end results. But, I am going to start on another one and this time I hope with greater success.

Being a typical Recyclist, I recycle the chipboard cover from a file folder that was going to the trash. To me this is suitable for my layout because the elements used will be heavy eventually, and a sturdy board is the much preferred.

This photo is of my daughter's good friend and with his permission I used this photo to create this project. I used a lot of blues here to reflect the blue t-shirt he was wearing.

I decided to enter this project to Stamplorations Stencil Sunday and this is my first entry ever. Hopefully this will not be the last either.




Supplies used : Kaisercraft pp, Chipboard, Kaisercraft Stencil, Kaisercraft Die-cuts, Steampunk
Elements, Bubble wrap, Acryclic Paints, White Gesso, black Gesso, Serviette, Modge Podge, Metal glue


3 comments:

  1. Kudos for trying out something different than your normal doing sister! The recycle item is well used and I love all the gears and great wing. Great background colors! Excited to see your next steampunk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout, love the texture and really cool finds! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again with my dt hat on. You did fantastic with the background and nice stenciling design. Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations October Mixed Media Challenge. Come and join us again this month. Keep on creating!
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...