Friday, May 4, 2012

Sweethaven Pagemap Layout - One In A Million

Here's my take on the sketch. I chose the theme of A dream come true.
To me, being a mother is a dream come true. I married late and I was't sure of my chances of being a mother. I;ve read all the high risks incurred for being pregnant the first time once you're above 35. I was above 35 and when I did become pregnant, I was close to being 40. Yes, i had my ups and downs and the final straw came when the doctor told me that the baby was no longer growing and my water bag is as dry as the Sahara. The baby is wrinkling and my pre-eclempsia was at an all time high. To save both of mother and child, a C-section had to be done immediately. Otherwise, my husband would either lost the baby, or the wife or both. We were given no option. 13 years on, my only child is growing up to be a very beautiful young girl. I love you Siti Nur Zahra' and I am grateful to Allah for giving you to me.

Supplies: Pp: Creative Memories, Tim Holtz / Flowers - Prima / Title - Paper Boutigue / Kaiser Tag / WeRMemory Keepers Embellie / Basic Grey Border Sticker. TFL.

A Sweethaven Summer sketch contest

To enter, choose one of the theme prompts listed below and create a layout based on this sketch, in any
size, any orientation, any way you want to interpret it and using any products
you would like. Post a comment on this thread with a link to your entry. The
contest starts today and ends at midnight, Sunday, May13, 2012 (MST). This
contest is open to everyone, everywhere!
THEMES:
• Create a layout about a friend or friends you haven't seen in a long time (or "create a layout that celebrates a
special friendship).
• Create a layout about a place that's special to you.
• Create a layout about a dream that came true (that is the theme of Courtney's sample page above).
• Create a layout about your first love.
• Create a layout inspired by the cover of "A Sweethaven Summer."
This contest will be running both on the PageMaps blog and on Courtney's blog, so feel free to enter
on either one. Here's a link to her post.Good luck all! Becky



5 comments:

  1. What an awesome page, hon! And such a touching subject! So glad that you have your darling daughter. Thanks also for coming by my blog and leaving your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout, and very nice photos! thanks so much for your sweet compliments on my blog :) and yes I agree my little man has the sweetest smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. So touching Lili, and your daughter is beautiful!! Love your layout and the great sketch!!
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there for you and I remember I was pregnant with my first child but I was always there by your side! The moment I saw her, she was such a cute baby and you cuddle her; too sweet and I also remember how speedy you walk back to your wardroom from the nursery; OMG! Glad the stitches didn't open up, hehe. Pretty layout sis! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Lili! I love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...